Filed under: Business Networking
Special 25% Off tix to Andy Harrington’s “Power To Achieve” event Sept 21-23, London - http://www.powertoachieve.co.uk/
I have a few tickets available at 25% Off his lowest price anywhere!!! i.e. not the price on the website!
message me or better still email me at email@example.com
First come, first served…
Those of you that know me may find this post strange coming from me. But that’s why I implore you to read this blog…
A Step –By-Step Guide for Complete Internet Marketing for Beginners.
Now I am obviously not an SEO or web buidling expert like some of the people we know. But this is what an absolute and complete internet marketing beginner has been able to achieve in 3 weeks.
If you want to skip to the summary bullet points of what I’ve learned and I’d like you to know about, then skip to the bottom where the list is headed: Are you an internet Marketing Beginner? .
<EO experts’, which was not really their fault in many ways.
p>But here’s the story so far…
I don’t know about you, but up until a few weeks ago, I would have called myself a complete beginner as far as internet marketing. But that has all now changed..
For the last few years I’ve been frustrated with not really getting what I needed from web designers and their ‘SInitially, I just thought all I needed and wanted was an ‘online brochure’. So they dutifully gave me that. Then I realised I needed to reach out to find new customers beyond those I or my contacts knew. So they tried to understand my business and what is special about it and then come up with ways to market it with SEO. Then the ongoing costs were going to be quiet high.
All along I wished I knew how to do this myself and how to really understand how to find out particular areas my target clients would be looking for on the web.
Then the craze for doing Newsletters came along and then doing video newsletters, but how do I embed video in emails or make newsletter and embed the video’s there.
I knew I needed to build a list and I’ve done that from lots of networking contacts and events and workshops I’ve run.
But I needed to be able to collect contacts from people who visited my websites and were interested in what I do.
A little knowledge can be dangerous… and can drive you even more crazy
I ended up knowing WHAT I needed to do, but still not HOW to do it. Perhaps this was even more frustrating than before. Does this sound familiar?
Then I very recently found some internet marketing training from an IM ’guru’ which for very little money and in the space of 3 weeks has helped me go from never even writing a Blog to launching 6 websites all targetted at doing different things, with embedded video and email capture and automatic autoresponder sequenced follow up emails! Oh this feels good.
Here’s a couple of the things I’ve learned:
Finding the right Keywords to target: Keywords need to find both short phrases that people are searching for (see the free Goolge Keyword tool– GKT) Becasue if you are ‘advertisinng beautifully’ on a ‘street that no one is looking down’ it’s pointless. Then this needs to be combined by looking for phrases that has a managable level of competition. Put the phrase you find in the GKT into Google with double quotation mark around the “phrase”. Then you need to do the search again for the same phrase and look at the searches that show up on the first page – the sites you are actually competing for. Then you have to know if you can actually compete against them to get onto the first page. Sites like Wikipedia and other ‘authority’ sites make this hard.
How to Create Free Video’s: You can make free video’s all online with no extra equipment and automativcally uplaod to YouTube from where you can easily get the emedding code to place and load onto your website. Go to Animoto.com
If you are interested in more of what and how I’ve learned these things and much more there is a summary below. But you can find out more at one of the sites I’ve set up and where I’ve got all my knowledge and skills to build 6 sites in under 3 weeks from a standing start:
Click here Complete Internet Marketing for Beginners
Are you an internet Marketing Beginner? Or have you ever wanted to know how to:
- Sell your own products or affiliate market amazon or other products on your own website?
- Market your own business in a ‘sharp shooter’ kind of way?
- Build a WordPress website before, or maybe you’ve tried and failed, thinking it’s too difficult? Be confused, as was I, by other appraoches taught with FTP, constant downloading and uploading of files and documents? (I’ve now build 6 sites in the last 3 weeks without doing any of this and only using the training tools highlighted in this training)
- Get the ‘right’ domain name and where from
- A great source for one price for unlimited domain names
- How to build annd set up your domain at an ISP other than where you bought a domain name
- Really understand how to identify the right keywords for your business that Google will find?
- And ones that are targetted at a ‘level of competition’ you can compete against?
- Plus where and how to place them on a website?
- Make your own marketing video’s without any other equipment other that what you already have plus an internet connection?
- Embed video into a webpage?
- Do email marketing with embedded video?
- Set up an autoresponder for contact detal capture with a follow up email campaign?
- Learn from one of the best internet marketers, who has made over £2Mn pounds selling his ‘how to training? AND know it is a simple, ligitimate, proven step-by-step training rather than one of the plethora of dubious, scam or incomplete offerings all to readily available on the internet.
If you’re still reading then to find out more…
Click here Complete Internet Marketing for Beginners
BEFORE YOU LOOK AT THE SITES LISTED BELOW
Don’t forget to look at: http://www.ico.gov.uk/for_organisations/privacy_and_electronic_communications/the_guide/cookies.aspx.
Contains a ‘must watch’ short video and a link to download a 31 pages guidance pdf. One important point is that, only days before the law became operational on 26th May 2012, the government changed their view that explicit opt-in was needed (before cookies can be used) to what is called ‘implicit consent’ and http://www.cookielaw.org/blog/2012/8/9/do-not-track,-the-cookie-law-and-ie10.aspx
Found last but this tool is just wonderful at easily finding everything that adds cookies on a website – with links to details of the source of each. It can also be configured to block most of the well known applications – currently 820 different ones – that add cookies and (selectively or globally) block them.
Download ‘Optanon’ (top right on home page) – an extension for Google Chrome. It can be enabled and disabled while still being installed as an extension. Once installed and enabled, it appears as a blue star like icon – left click the icon and a pop down menu explains how to use it.
This site is naturally in the lobby for a comprehensive action – because they sell an expensive service to maintain compliance with the Cookie Law.
4. http://www.bitstorm.org/extensions/view-cookies/. Firefox specific.
I think you may like some of this sites ideas on meeting the cookie law